[Gpg4win-announce] Gpg4win 2.2.0 released
emanuel.schuetze at intevation.de
Wed Aug 21 14:53:22 CEST 2013
we are pleased to announce the availability of the new stable Gpg4win version
The download is available via the usual download page:
Gpg4win 2.2.0 updates GpgOL for Outlook 2010/2013, includes a new GpgEX which
now works on Windows 64 bit and includes a lot of more improvements and bug
fixes (see below).
Hints for users of Outlook 2010/2013:
GpgOL now supports Outlook 2010 and 2013 but uses a makeshift format. The full
crypto support with MIME is with Outlook technically far too complex. For
Outlook 2003 and 2007 GpgOL uses the standard MIME format for crypto emails
but with restrictions. For versions from Outlook 2010 GpgOL was newly
developed and uses no MIME for the mail body. Signature and encryption are
insert directly in the mail body. Especially for signing we propose a new
format: "double no-mime". For details see wiki .
Some potentially usability issues of this GpgOL version are known. You can
help us to find out if other email clients can handle with the "double
The best solution is a full PGP/MIME support for GpgOL. Therefore we searching
This software release incoporated work that was funded by a Small Technology
Grant of the Information Security Coalition .
We thank very much all Gpg4win donors who financially supported the Gpg4win
initiative. Please note that Gpg4win needs your support also in future. Please
help the Gpg4win initiative. 100% of your donation goes into the maintenance
and development of Gpg4win. You like Gpg4win? Then donate here, please:
More details about Gpg4win 2.2.0 in the README:
New in Gpg4win Version 2.2.0 (2013-08-21)
* Now with Windows 64 bit support!
* Rudimentary support for Outlook 2010 and 2013.
The following crypto functions are already available via the new
GpgOL ribbon rsp. Outlook's context menu (no MIME parsing, yet):
- Saving and decrypting attachments
- Attaching and encrypting files
- Encrypting/decrypting mail bodys
- Signing and signature verification (signing using a new format variant
called "double no-mime")
* GpgOL for Outlook 2003 and 2007 is unaffected by these changes.
* Kleopatra no longer crashes when started by a regular user on
terminal servers (Windows Server).
* Kleopatra now allows it to generate keys with a size up to 4096 bit.
* Extracting a tarball through the Kleopatra GUI now works reliable
* Pinentry now allows to paste in the passphrase.
* Gpg-agent may now be used as Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent)
replacement with additional smartcard support.
* Updated to GnuPG 2.0.21.
* Fixed crash when copying a key in the clipboard (gnupg bug #1525).
* Updated license page.
* Removed S/MIME HOWTO page (still easily accessible via Gpg4win's
program menu entry).
- Gpg4win portable Version:
* Added mkportable.exe as a new tool to create a portable installation.
HOWTO: Install Gpg4win with all components and then run from the
install directory: 'mkportable.exe [OPTIONS] TARGETDIR'.
Use 'mkportable.exe --help' to get all options.
- Included Gpg4win components are:
Kleopatra: 2.2.0 (2013-08-20), KDE 4.10.3
Kompendium DE: 3.0.0
Kompendium EN: 3.0.0
For installation instructions please read the new Gpg4win Compendium:
The *ready to use installer* is available at:
The second file is a digital signature of the the first file.
Either check that this signature is fine or compare with the following SHA1
See also http://www.gpg4win.org/package-integrity-de.html
If you have problems downloading the above files, you may try the mirror
server listed at the download page.
We like to thank the authors of the included packages, the NSIS authors,
all other contributors and first of all, those folks who stayed with us
and helped testing Gpg4win.
With best regards
your Gpg4win Development Team
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 198 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
More information about the Gpg4win-announce