[Gpg4win-announce] Gpg4win 2.2.3 released
aheinecke at intevation.de
Wed Nov 26 16:29:56 CET 2014
we are pleased to announce the availability of the new stable Gpg4win version
The download is available via the usual download page:
This release includes the security fix for libkasba , which was announced
More details about Gpg4win 2.2.3 in the README:
You use Gpg4win? Then please help us with your donation that we can make
security updates in future as well! Thank you!
New in Gpg4win Version 2.2.3 (2014-11-26)
- The vanilla installer has been fixed by including GnuTLS.
- Creation of portable versions with mkportable has been fixed.
- GPA now works again under Windows XP.
- Verification of a detached signature without specifying what
should be verified may now show a warning and has been disabled
in batch mode.
- Tar archives can now include files and folders that use
special characters (e.g. umlauts) which can be encoded
in the native Windows 8-Bit codepage.
- Kleopatra now handles preprocessing (e.g. archiving) errors
and safely aborts the operation.
- GPA has been updated to version 0.9.6.
- A security problem in the libksba library has been fixed.
- Included Gpg4win components are:
Kompendium DE: 3.0.0
Kompendium EN: 3.0.0
For installation instructions please read the new Gpg4win Compendium:
The *ready to use installer* is available at:
The second file is a digital signature of the the first file.
Either check that this signature is fine or compare with one of the following
checksums for gpg4win-2.2.3.exe:
If you have problems downloading the above files, you may try the mirror
server listed at the download page.
We like to thank the authors of the included packages, the NSIS authors,
all other contributors and first of all, those folks who stayed with us
and helped testing Gpg4win.
With best regards
your Gpg4win Development Team
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 181 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
More information about the Gpg4win-announce