[Gpg4win-devel] Results of testing gpg4win 0.3.0

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Dec 6 18:00:48 CET 2005

On Tue, 6 Dec 2005 16:49:52 +0100, Jan-Oliver Wagner said:

> - GPGol: Calling the key manager simply does not work,
>   I get an error dialog!

Okay, that was my fault.  I presumed that the reason for the failure
was in WInPT (still not opening an already running instance) but it
was actually my advanced error check ;-).

Woraround:  Use "Erweitere Option" and set set a key manager.

> - GPGol: The button for calling key manager only
>   appears in the toolbar when the keyring is
>   not empty. (The menu item for this action is
>   always there.)
>   IMHO, the button should be there, too.

Very weird.  There is no code anywhere to do this.  It is always
in the menu as soon as the gpgol getst installed by OL.

> - GPGol: If I want to change e.g. the passphrase
>   storage time in Oulook->Extras->Options->GnuPG,
>   then I can't apply the changes because there is
>   always an error message "The default key may not contain any
>   spaces". :-(

This is to force you using a keyid.  I'll trim off spaces and take
care of the enable status.

> - GPGol: In fact, I can't send any emails anymore once
>   GPGol ist installed. GPGol seems to block this.

Tsss.  I need to test as a plain user.  For now please fire up Outlook
once as Admin to get everything installed properly.

> - GPGol: Receiving a OpenPGP signed E-Mail I have
>   no idea how GPGol should verify the signature.
>   I expect this to work automatically, but I even
>   did not find any menu or alike to verify.

Open the full message window.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner