[Gpg4win-devel] Tu programa Gpg4win 1.0.4 ha sido publicado por UpToDown.com.

Marcus Brinkmann marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Aug 1 21:08:41 CEST 2006

At Tue, 1 Aug 2006 14:57:13 +0200,
Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de> wrote:
> It looks like this website now also offers Gpg4win for download.
> http://gpg4win.uptodown.com/
> With a Spanish short description.
>
> Probably a good thing, to get more exposure, though I cannot tell
> whatelse this automatic emails tries to tell us.

It's a notification and an advertisement.  They seem to say that we
can get even more exposure by appearing in their "show case" (whatever
that means and/or entails), and they recommend us to link to them.

I don't know spanish, but below is the Babelfish translation, from
which I inferred the above.  Further below is the Babelfish
translation of the description, which seems accurate (modulo
translation issues).

email:

"The equipment of Uptodown.com has decided to publish your program
Gpg4win 1.0.4. In Uptodown.com we proved all the applications that we
published and we considered that your program is more than apt to be
between our contents and recommended being, also we invited to you to
that a?as in your Web following c?go if you create it opportune:
Program Recommended in UpToDown.com In addition we propose to appear
to you in our showcase to obtain a massive diffusion. Kitchen maid to
obtain more data here about our promotions. Also you can contact with
us on the telephone You can see your outstanding position in our main
pagina: [link]"

"Encripta emails and archives with the system of public key Gpg4win
constitutes an interesting application of free software with which you
can codify archives and electronic mails by means of the use of a
system of public and deprived keys. The codification algorithm that
also uses east program is free and GNU Privacy Guard', the alternative
of code opened to the patented systems of codification is denominated
'. Gpg4win will create both keys based on the parameters that you
specify. In order to be able to work with the program it is necessary
to know the key public the adressee. The operation is the following
one: the information is codified with the public key of the receiver
and when this one receives the document the descodifica using its
private key. The program installs plugin for the client of mail ' MS
Outlook' with which it is possible to base the messages from the
interface of this application."

Courtesy of http://babelfish.altavista.com/

Marcus