[Gpg4win-devel] seperate releases of manuals from installer

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Jun 19 12:48:23 CEST 2006

On Thu,  1 Jun 2006 10:48, Jan-Oliver Wagner said:

> with the release of Gpg4win 1.0.2, the manuals have also been updated
> to 2.0.2 allthough the changes since 2.0.1 are in fact minimal.
> This will probably be often the case in the future.

The problem is that we usually do minor fixes to the manuals and trhus
we need a new version number to indicate this.

IMHO a change from 2.0.1 to 2.0.x is really a minor fix and we should
instead update the minor number (e.g. to 2.1.0) if we add new parts or
do substantial changes.

> Therefore I propose to seperate the releases of the manuals and of
> the installer.

The manuals are closely related to trhe installer and thus changes in
the installer should be reflected by the manuals.  With seperate
packages it will be hard to keep them in sync.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner