[Gpg4win-devel] gpg4win light?

Marcus Brinkmann marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Mar 7 01:26:43 CET 2006

At Tue, 7 Mar 2006 00:27:23 +0100,
Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> consider a gpg4win light installer with GnuPG, WinPT, GPGol and GPGee.
>
> What size would this installer have?

Without GPGee (which I can't include because there are still some
files missing in SVN): 1.7 MB compressed.

Further reduction is theoretically possible, by removing glib and
making it an optional dependency of gpgme.  This would be substantial
development time though (because optional dependencies are currently
not a concept that can be expressed in gpg4win).  This would remove
pkgconfig, glib, libintl and gettext.

Note that you can already build such an installer.  Just drop only the
desired packages and their dependencies into the packages/ directory,
or disable autodetection and list all packages at the configure line
(cumbersome).  This is how I found out the above figure.

Thanks,
Marcus