[Gpg4win-devel] Maintaining the Windows version

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Sep 8 15:59:52 CEST 2006

Hi!

As you might know I did some work on building Claws for Windows.  This
led to the inclusion of it in the gpg4win installer.  Now people
are using this Claws under Windows and, as expected, are finding bugs
and whishing for enhancements.

To avoid a new fork into a Unix and Windows version, I'd really like
to see the Windows version closely integrated into the general Claws
development.

As of now people are filing bugs into the gpg4win bug tracker, but
this is not what it is actually for.  Those bugs are most of all due
to stuff I did not implemented for Windows or where the Windows
specific code just does not work as expected.  Nevertheless, sometimes
these are non-Windows specific bugs.

It would be very helpfull if Windows bugs could be filed into the
regular Claws bug tracker (maybe under a new category or a specific
product ID to allow for easy searching) and assigned to a new
developer list (e.g. sylpheed-claws-devel-w32).  This make it easier
to reassign bugs and the claws website is the more logical place
people will go for bugs.

My hope is that this will make it easier for developers to work on the
Windows specific things and keep the Windows version alive.

What do you think?

  Werner

--
Werner Koch                                      <wk at gnupg.org>