[Gpg4win-devel] Status of Claws Mail and SSL ?

Colin Leroy colin at colino.net
Thu Dec 6 11:41:04 CET 2007

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 12:12:54 +0100, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

Hi,

> Libetpan is integrated in gpg4win, but untested.  What is missing is
> to port the etpan code in claws to windows, as it still uses mmap and
> fork and may have some other issues.  Of course, there might also be
> problems and gaps in the etpan port (mmap comes to mind, which is only
> a stub).

About mmap in libetpan: I think patching configure.ac to define
MMAP_UNAVAILABLE on win32 (it's already defined in case _MSC_VER is
defined) should disable mmaping in libetpan and use normal memory
buffers instead. Claws-wise, in etpan/imap-thread.c, I'll make a patch
to avoid using mmap on win32.

Concerning fork() in etpan/imap-thread.c, it's only used for connecting
to an IMAP server via a command-line. I'll disable this functionality
if G_OS_WIN32 for now...

Will keep you informed about that soon.
--
Colin