[Gpg4win-devel] Gpg4win build system failure (glib-genmarshal)

Marcus Brinkmann marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Jul 3 19:53:48 CEST 2007

At Tue, 3 Jul 2007 12:28:41 +0200,
Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> maybe an error because of work-in-progress:

Known glitch.  The configure script does not check for indirect build
dependencies of individual packages that are only required on the
build platform (as opposed to the target platform).

glib-genmarshal from the package libglib2.0-dev is not the only such
dependency, but I don't have a complete list.  We should make a
complete list and document it in the README.

Of course we could add extra configure checks to the main configure
script, but that's hard to maintain.  And the interrupted build
doesn't hurt: You can install the missing dependency and just
continue/retry with "make".

To speed this up, we could consider to perform all
unpack/patch/configure steps before all build/install steps.

Thanks,
Marcus