[Gpg4win-devel] Update to current Claws Mail: when finished?

Marcus Brinkmann marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Jul 5 17:54:48 CEST 2007

At Thu, 5 Jul 2007 14:18:25 +0200,
Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:

> On Donnerstag, 5. Juli 2007, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> > At Thu, 5 Jul 2007 09:23:37 +0200,
> > Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:
> > > I noticed on gpg4win-commits that you are heavily working on the
> > > update to newest Claws Mail.
> > >
> > > Any estimate when this will be finished  and a new release be available?
> >
> > Claws Mail 2.10.0 (and 2.9.2) are integrated in the build process,
> > compile and run.  The S/MIME plugin is integrated.  The plugins can be
> > loaded, but I did not do any further tests.  In particular, I did not
> > try to read/write email or encrypted emails (with OpenPGP or S/MIME).
>
> packages.current does not consider the new verion over here.
> Anything I might have missed?

The packages.current in CVS has:

file  claws-mail-2.10.0.tar.bz2
chk   0ee38ec2dd0c37941b0bcc4af7ab441ec432c63c

The download.sh script tries sometimes to "update" the file from
www.gpg4win.org.  That version has not been updated yet I think.
Maybe that is interferring with you?

Also, you should remove any old sylpheed claws package from the
packages directory.

> Also, the manuals should consider the new name, btw.

Yes, right.  I'll take care of that.

> > Werner wants to release a new GnuPG soon.  I do not know what the
> > release schedule for gpg4win is, though.  As far as claws-mail is
> > concerned, nothing stands in the way of making a new release.
>
> hm, a new GnuPG release shouldn't influence the progress
> of Gpg4win?

Unless Werner has pending changes for GnuPG2 integration in Gpg4win
that he wants to have in now.

Oh, and I just got a bug report for the claws patch, but that's a no-brainer.

> IMHO, we should proceed and do a release.

I'll talk to Werner what remains to be done, if anything.

> > Further notes on claws mail:
> >
> > * BUG: The plugin load directory list is not correctly initialized.
> >   One has to press the directory button at the top to refresh it
> >   before the plugins are visible in the interface.
>
> Should be mentioned in the manuals!

Or maybe just fixed!  I will try to get a look to see if it is
something that can be fixed quickly.

> > * libetpan is now required for IMAP4.  There is an unmaintained port
> >   to Windows of libetpan which requires Microsoft VC++.  Porting it to
> >   our cross compilation setup and integrating it into gpg4win is a lot
> >   of work (for example, it does not support building in a directory
> >   outside the source directory, because it uses hand-written Makefiles
> >   instead of automake).
>
> hm, keep as note somewhere.

I just got contacted about this by the libetpan author, so there may
be a way forward.

Thanks,
Marcus