[Gpg4win-devel] Problems with Claws Mail from Gpg4win 1.1.1

Marcus Brinkmann marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Jul 18 15:44:37 CEST 2007

At Wed, 18 Jul 2007 15:14:00 +0200,
Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:
> I have massive problems with Claws Mail as it comes with 1.1.1.

It's a major release update, and Windows is not a development platform
for claws maintainers.  So some problems have to be expected.

> First, if Claws tries to open a OpenPGP inline encrypted email,
> it crashes immediately.
>
> In fact, now my Claws is unsable, because the first email in my inbox
> is the crash-mail. If I sync, Claws crashes as well.

Actually, for me Claws crashes independent of encryption, but only
after the first restart after cleaning out home.  There may be a more
general problem than what you describe (or more than one bug).

> Then I thought I should remove the current contents
> of the mail folders, but did not find any local preferences or
> any other personal configutation file of Claws. Where are they
> located?

Application Data\Claws-Mail (sp?) and Application Data\Mail

Thanks,
Marcus