[Gpg4win-devel] Some results of playing around with 1.9.0-SVN544

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan-oliver.wagner at intevation.de
Mon Oct 8 16:59:17 CEST 2007

Hi,

I played around with 1.9.0-svn544, here are some comments:

- GpgEX: The german Umlauts in the menus are missing.

- Gpg4win system menu: There should be already now a menu entry for starting
  up Kleopatra.

- GpgEX: I can not execute the "sign" operation. A Message says something like
  "Could not access Kleopatra. Sie protocol file".
  First thing is that the dialog should tell where the protocol file can be found.
  Next, of course, it would be good to have this operation working ;-)

- Kleopatra: After a while of testing, the icon in the systray passes away.
  I guess Kleopatra simply dies.

- Kleopatra/Gpg4win: Any particular reason why Kleopatra is the only exe-file
  that is installed in the bin\ subdirectory?

This is more or less how I started Kleopatra:

set GNUPGHOME="C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\gnupg"
del %GNUPGHOME%\S.uiserver
cd "\Program Files\GNU\GnuPG"
bin\kleopatra.exe --uiserver-socket %GNUPGHOME%\S.uiserver

("more or less" means that I worked on a german Windows XP).

Best

	Jan