[Gpg4win-devel] Some results of playing around with 1.9.0-SVN544

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan-oliver.wagner at intevation.de
Mon Oct 8 21:00:34 CEST 2007

On Montag, 8. Oktober 2007, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> At Mon, 8 Oct 2007 16:59:17 +0200,
> Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:
> > - Gpg4win system menu: There should be already now a menu entry for starting
> >   up Kleopatra.
>
> Kleopatra server should be started by its clients transparently,
> similar to gpg-agent.  Only if Kleopatra also has a stand-alone
> functionality that should be added as a menu entry.

I'd be glad to have it appear in the menu nonetheless.
IIUC, it needs to be added anyway.
And hopefully soon Kleopatra gets activated the main window.

> > - GpgEX: I can not execute the "sign" operation. A Message says something like
> >   "Could not access Kleopatra. Sie protocol file".
> >   First thing is that the dialog should tell where the protocol file can be found.
> >   Next, of course, it would be good to have this operation working ;-)
>
> The protocol file is specified by a registry setting (and lack of that
> setting means no protocol file is generated).  This is only useful for
> development/debugging.  The registry key is currently "GpgEX Debug
> File" under HKLM\Software\GNU\GnuPG.  Note that once everything is
> working properly, the message box should never occur.
>
> "Sign" of files is not functional in the current binmary snapshot of
> Kleopatra.  Nor is encrypt, btw, or any beside decrypt and verify.

OK, thanks for the info. So, I do not need to create and send debug output
right now. I'll wait for the next updates.

> > - Kleopatra/Gpg4win: Any particular reason why Kleopatra is the only exe-file
> >   that is installed in the bin\ subdirectory?
>
> It's not, dbus-daemon accompanies it.  Here a quote from my internal
> communication:

Thanks for the explanation. I just wondered.

Best

	Jan