[Gpg4win-devel] Adding openssl to gpg4win (as a dep for claws-mail)

Marcus Brinkmann marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sat Oct 13 20:55:55 CEST 2007

At Fri, 12 Oct 2007 21:03:33 +0200,
wwp <subscript at free.fr> wrote:
> And `make` fails:
> Making all in src
> make[2]: Entering directory `/home/wwp/projects/claws-mail/ports/win32/gpg4win/vanilla/trunk/src'
> make[2]: *** No rule to make target `stamps/stamp-final-openssl', needed by `stamps/stamp-final'.  Stop.
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/wwp/projects/claws-mail/ports/win32/gpg4win/vanilla/trunk/src'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/wwp/projects/claws-mail/ports/win32/gpg4win/vanilla/trunk'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>

> I suppose that either the integration procedure doesn't detail all the
> steps to create a new module, or there's something I didn't understand
> and missed.

You have to add the package to the variable gpg4win_bpkgs in Makefile.am.
This is mentioned in step "3" of the README.

You can also work from existing examples such as png.  Grep for png
and then you see where you need to add something.

> What creates the stamp files in src/stamps? Also, what unpacks
> packages/openssl-*.zip files to src/playground/install/pkgs and the
> symlinks in playground/install?

In gpg4win.mk.in you can find those rules in macros called
SPKG_template, BPKG_template, MPKG_template and IPKG_template.
There you also find evaluations like:

# Insert the template for each binary package.
$(foreach bpkg, $(gpg4win_bpkgs), $(eval $(call BPKG_template,$(bpkg))))

See the GNU make manual for documentation on macro programming if you
are interested in the details.  I apologize for the cleverness, but
it's the best I could come up with.

Thanks,
Marcus