[Gpg4win-devel] [Announce] GPGME 1.1.7 released

Igor Belyi gpgme at katehok.ac93.org
Thu Nov 27 20:48:15 CET 2008

Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> Igor Belyi wrote:
>> I guess what you are suggesting is dynamic load of functions as well
>> which is a bit trickier.
> Right.  It's actually not too hard, we do it with PCSC as well.
Yes, calling LoadLibrary() and GetProcAddress() is not hard. The tricky
part is that all gpgme AND gpg_error functions should be converted into
function pointers. I'm using SWIG to do all the dirty work for me but
haven't found a way to do that particular one.

And just to be clear - I agree that a language wrapper should not
include gpgme DLLs in its distribution but use the installed one
instead. So, the main question is how such wrapper should find these
DLLs. My wrapper (not sure about others) bases its implementation on
gpgme.h header file and if there were a macro for Windows to locate the
library - that would be the most welcome solution. :o)

Cheers,
Igor