[Gpg4win-devel] claws extensions

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Oct 14 09:36:02 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Mittwoch, 1. Oktober 2008, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> the claws extensions bring up an interesting issue.  They seem to be
> the first packages which have different build dependencies from
> installation dependencies, at least if we install them implicitely
> when claws is installed.

given that claws grows in complexity, at one point in the future we should
consider a seperate claws installer that needs Gpg4win-X to do crypto.

Note that Kontact for Windows will be packaged seperately, just because it is
too large and complex. Otherwise it would have been a candidate for inclusion
as well. Claws being a serious email solution will grow complex as well.
It is good to have diversity of course! Somebody just requireing a slim email
solution might get too much with KDE Kontact for Windows.

Best,

Managing Director - Owner: www.intevation.net      (Free Software Company)