[Gpg4win-devel] [gpg4win-Bugs][1123] GpgEX options > Verify calls Decrypt requiring passphrase and never verifies.

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Oct 14 18:19:53 CEST 2009

On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 10:44, bernhard at intevation.de said:

> sounds about right. Any idea what the cause might be?
> Should I open an issue in the bugs.g10code.com tracker?

That is very likely a Kleopatra bug, not an GpgEX bug.  GpgEX merely
asks Kleopatra to verify or decrypt the file depending on what the user
selects.  I just checked the code and GpgEX sends the correct commands
to Kleopatra; i.e.:

  void
  client_t::decrypt_verify (vector<string> &filenames)
  {
    this->call_assuan ("DECRYPT_VERIFY_FILES", filenames);
  }

  void
  client_t::verify (vector<string> &filenames)
  {
    this->call_assuan ("VERIFY_FILES", filenames);
  }

  void
  client_t::decrypt (vector<string> &filenames)
  {
    this->call_assuan ("DECRYPT_FILES", filenames);
  }

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner