[Gpg4win-devel] Replacement for Adele

Christopher Bertels christopher.bertels at intevation.de
Fri Oct 16 15:47:46 CEST 2009

Hi,

I've been working on a small & simple replacement for Adele. The programm is
named "cryptmail" (sorry, couldn't come up with a better name) and is written
in Ruby (as that is my preferred programming language).

Although it isn't finished yet, it currently supports:
- Receiving gpg-encrypted mails with gpg-public key attached, which in turn is
used to send an encrypted reply to the original sender
- signing the encrypted replys with a given key
- currently works by using pop3 & smtp for accessing a mailaccount on which it
periodically looks for messages (all configurable, of course).

Plans for some improvements and changes:
- support for s/mime
- support for a custom mta like sendmail instead of sending via smtp
- support for different kind of mail sources (mbox, maildir, imap etc.)
- any other ideas? drop me a line here or directly via email :)
- I want to use ruby-gpgme (a gpgme binding for Ruby) in the future. Currently
I'm calling gpg myself and use regular expression based parsing of the
answers. This of course is somewhat dependent on the gpg version installed,
which in turn isn't very portable and nice.

I've uploaded the code as a git repository to gitorious.org (again, because I
like using git and haven't worked with hg yet).

You can check it out here:
http://www.gitorious.org/cryptmail

Cheers,
Christopher.