[Gpg4win-devel] Release 2.0.2-rc2 as 2.0.2?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Apr 8 11:48:22 CEST 2010

The current development question we are facing is:
Should we release 2.0.2rc2 as 2.0.2 now?

Pros:
* There is a bit of improvement in 2.0.2rc2 over 2.0.1.
   Especially on the Kleo side and better looks. See

http://lists.wald.intevation.org/pipermail/gpg4win-announce/2010-March/000041.html

* 2.0.1 was released a while ago, in september 2009.

* 2.1.0 has some more changes and we need at least one testing release and
some more testing. So 2.1.0 is a bit away currently (counted in weeks.)

Cons:
* We see some https://issues.kolab.org/issue4302 (Kleo keylisting hangs after
using Kleo for a while (killing gpgsm helps)) and we do not know if this is
more fequent with 2.0.2rc2 compared to 2.0.1.
Does somebody see those hangs with 2.0.1, too?

* The new mode for selection of in some situations does not bring up a
selection dialog, see https://issues.kolab.org/issue4197 (Conflict in matching
of email addresses doesn't open certificate select dialog)
We still miss the configuration option to switch the new mode off.
In my personal view withi would not block a release.

Best,

Deputy Coordinator Germany: fsfe.org. Board member: www.kolabsys.com.