[Gpg4win-devel] [gpg4win-Bugs][1552] Gpg4win 2.0.4 does not generate keys on Windows 7 x64.

gpg4win-bugs@wald.intevation.org gpg4win-bugs at wald.intevation.org
Sun Aug 8 12:30:50 CEST 2010

Bugs item #1552, was opened at 2010-08-08 10:30

Initial Comment:
I tried Gpg4win 2.0.4 on Windows 7 x64.
After installation I started it. It suggested to generate a new key.
During generation, it showed me the error window:
"Unknown error in the library GPGME. Report of the error: General
error. Possibly, the error is in the program GPA. GPA will try to
restore its workability."
After some unsuccessful attempts I have decided to remove the program.
In uninstallation it tryed to access the internet without asking
permission (this is very bad!). Then it required me to restart my
computer (absolutely no pleasure in that!)
After that I still found some crap in the installation directory,
that I had to remove manually.
I hope, these problems will be solved in future versions.