[Gpg4win-devel] Little annoyance about GTK+

Colin Leroy colin at colino.net
Wed Dec 22 09:10:19 CET 2010

Hi,

I've noticed new builds of Claws Mail show images in emails much slower
than before.

It appears to be due to the update of GTK+ to 2.16.6 (2010-05-04), as
this thread seems to imply :

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-list/2010-February/msg00128.html

I wonder what we could do to avoid this. It's not a blocking bug, but
it's annoying to users.

I'll investigate to see whether a newer version would fix the problem.
Going back to older seems counter-productive, the other solution would
be to convert to a GTK+ source package, re-add libjpeg and build GTK+.
Probably there would be some pitfalls.

Any other idea?

Thanks!
--