[Gpg4win-devel] Little annoyance about GTK+

Marcus Brinkmann marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Dec 24 00:54:31 CET 2010

On 12/22/2010 09:10 AM, Colin Leroy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've noticed new builds of Claws Mail show images in emails much slower
> than before.
>
> It appears to be due to the update of GTK+ to 2.16.6 (2010-05-04), as
> this thread seems to imply :
>
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-list/2010-February/msg00128.html
>
> I wonder what we could do to avoid this. It's not a blocking bug, but
> it's annoying to users.

As Tor said:

"Yeah, probably. Checkout that, modify the spec file slightly to add
the libtiff and libjpeg dependency and drop the --enable-gdiplus, and
then build the package locally. You probably can find in the package's
version history a revision where it didn't use the gdiplus loaders."

I'm fine with going back to using libjpg (recent versions!) and libtiff for
our gtk, but I was just glad I could figure out how to update at all.  Are you
willing to give it a try?

Thanks,
Marcus