[Gpg4win-devel] English Compendium timeline?

Emanuel Schütze emanuel at intevation.de
Thu Jun 17 09:46:21 CEST 2010

Hi Drew,

thanks for your interest in the English Compendium!

We released the German Compendium v3.0.0 a short time ago.
Now, Brigitte, our English translator for the novices manual will start to
translate the whole German Compendium into English. So please don't do a
parallel English translation. It whould be difficult to sync it.
Currently, I can't say any to her timeline. But I'll check with her and post
it here in the next days.

Best regards,
Emanuel

On 15.06.2010 13:50, Drew Northup wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm back again to be a thorn in everyones' sides (or I suppose "in
> everyone's side" if we want to use the collective construction) and ask
> again what the current timeline on English translation of the
> documentation. I don't much mind the Google translate version myself
> (and sometimes find it quite funny), but I can't ask non-IT workers in
> our organization to use that. (Besides, Google doesn't provide a clear
> answer--from my perspective--as to the license questions of using that
> engine to build a translated document for the project, so I am left
> waiting.)
>
> Of highest priority from my perspective would be anything not in the old
> novice guide (which was translated already) in particular any discussion
> of file encryption (there isn't much, and should probably be more) and
> the use of the graphical front-end to establish both public and private
> keys as well as to exchange public keys.
>
> I think that once the high priority ("What is this thing?" and "How do I
> properly get it set up to work for me?") questions are answerable then
> nuance can be covered. That would allow IT people that I work with to
> evaluate the steps needed to more forward better.

Gruß
Emanuel

--
Emanuel Schütze  |  ++49-541-33 50 83 - 746  |  http://www.intevation.de/