[Gpg4win-devel] Planning (was: Gpg4win 2.1.1-beta1 released)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Aug 16 09:19:50 CEST 2012

Am Freitag, 4. Mai 2012 14:06:15 schrieb Emanuel Schütze:
> This is a maintenance release with some relevant security updates. This
> beta version is designed to test these changes before Gpg4win 2.1.1 is
> released. Please send feedback to our Gpg4win user or developer mailing
> lists.

I've seen nothing that would prevent a release of 2.1.1, so I think we should
start doing some planning.

> Background:
> The collected Gpg4win donations (since 2006: about 1950 EUR) are not
> sufficient to fund the regular maintenance of Gpg4win. To keep Gpg4win
> alive, we are now forced to bring out a new Gpg4win maintenance release:
> 2.1.1-beta1. We have funded part of the costs by Gpg4win donations. The
> effort for this release by g10 Code and Intevation amounts to about 70
> hours.

We've thankfully received a couple of hunderts of Euros of donations
since the beta release. Thanks to all gratious donors that are supporting not
just Gpg4win (which is a packaging and bundling effort), but also the GnuPG
Cryptoengine which is the core of the product.

Maybe we should ask g10code if the collected amount
can help them to help us make the release a reality.
Emanuel, could you get us the numbers?