[Gpg4win-devel] Planning

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Aug 30 11:18:56 CEST 2012

Am Donnerstag, 30. August 2012 11:05:21 schrieb Werner Koch:
> On Wed, 29 Aug 2012 16:27, bernhard at intevation.de said:
> > Would it be enough to get 2.1.1 out of the door?
>
> Yes, we should really do that asap.  Meanwhile the beta is old and new
> vulnerabilities have been found in some image libraries.  Thus I think
> it is better to use that money for a release now.  Everything else would
> void our efforts on the beta release.

Can you an Emanuel come up with some detailed planning and estimation
about the hours involved, so we know what we (as an initiative) are getting
from g10code (you) and Intevation (Emanuel and myself)?

Put it in the wiki, err, no, we don't have a wiki yet, do we? :)
Again, a wiki for gnupg would be something that I believe is advisable
for stuff like this.

I agree we should get forward and the donations (or as I like to
say "volunteer payments") could be put to best use here to bring out a new
revision of gpg4win. I will also get us some more satisfied users and
possibily again some more volunteer payments, because of the attention.
Yes, I think Gpg4win is something that many users want, but haven't found a
good way of financing it. Maybe we should try crowdfunding.

Best,