[Gpg4win-devel] Apply for grant to maintain Gpg4win?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Dec 21 12:19:32 CET 2012

Am Montag, 10. Dezember 2012 21:46:06 schrieb Bernhard Reiter:
> Recently        Samir Nassar pointed out that we there may be some funding
> we could apply for. We would like you to help, finding more places
> and to write and support our applications for grants.
>
> Samir found out that https://www.informsec.net/techgrants2/
> as a "Small Technology Grant" that Gpg4win may apply for.

And I think we as in a Gpg4win-Initiative should apply
or rather have someone apply that improves out product.

So I think my and Werners companies should apply: g10code and
Intevation. We have the track record and though we'd probably
not get a market price paid, we may get some cost recovery
for some improvements in the product.

Next Step: Find out what kind work packages we would to apply for
and then write the application and the reasoning why Gpg4win
should get the grant.

I wonder if a wiki or etherpad could help us there.
Best would be a subsection on a GnuPG or Cryto with Free Software
wiki. I'll drop an email to gnupg-devel about this. I'd prefer
a MoinMoin wiki with Creole as markup language.

Any takers?

Best,