[Gpg4win-devel] Claws Mail's installer, moving away from GPG4Win

Colin Leroy colin at colino.net
Mon Nov 12 17:09:36 CET 2012

On Mon, 12 Nov 2012 16:18:59 +0100, Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org> wrote:

> > What I would like to do in the long term is manage to build the
> > official Gpg4win again, and at that point in time, take my
>
> Pretty please.
>
> > Claws-related work back to gpg4win as a different target ('make
> > claws-mail-installer' or something). If that's welcomed by the
> > GPG4win
>
> Is there really a problem with installing gpgol and gpgex?  They are
> quite small.

No, there isn't really. I just thought I didn't need them :)

> The larger Gtk+ libraries are anyway required by
> Pinentry and GPA and are the reason why we think that Claws is a good
> thing to have in Gpg4win.

Yep. Btw, I have patches both for pinentry-gtk and GPA to use
MS-Windows GTK+ theme, are you interested in them?

> > See the README file on how to add packages to the installer, but
> > that's a process more involved than just building :)
>
> The problem is that we used certain packages which are not anymore in
> Debian (hyperlatex)and that Glib demands more tools on the build
> platform. Except for the documentation stuff, I have no problems to
> build gpg4win on my sort-of-Wheeze box.

I couldn't determine what Glib needs. I think it needs too recent
mingw-gcc for my ubuntu (12.10), for the atomic capabilities they need
in their gatomic.c file.

Maybe it'll work again on ubuntu 13.04. :) I certainly hope so!
--
Colin