[Gpg4win-devel] current git: is it supposed to build?

Colin Leroy colin at colino.net
Fri Oct 12 16:32:40 CEST 2012

On Fri, 12 Oct 2012 16:03:36 +0200, Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org> wrote:

> > I can't seem to build the current GIT master. glib build dies
> > with:
>
> I just did a fresh build without running into this problem.  However,
> I had to apply 01-glib-h-only.patch also for claws-mail-3.8.1.  With
> that it works.  I pushed this fix (36fc560).

Cool, thanks, that must be some inconsistency in my toolchain then.
Looking at the problematic file in glib's compilation, gatomic.c, it
seems it goes into an unexpected #if #else preprocessing, including
some pthread related code where there shouldn't be any on win32.

Apparently glib's ./configure should #define G_ATOMIC_LOCK_FREE to
avoid that. It does not for me, probably (according to
glib's ./configure) due to a too old gcc?

I'll have to investigate apart if you have an idea :)
--
Colin