[Gpg4win-devel] Build instructions Re: SVN build: Failed to download packages

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sat Oct 20 00:30:51 CEST 2012

On Sat, 20 Oct 2012 00:00, pvoigt at uos.de said:

> How should the Git command look like for subsequent refrehes? Or do I
> have to checkout everytime the complete source tree?

  git pull

> Do I have to execute the download.sh script everytime after updating
> the downloaded Git source tree?

No. Unless you removed the tarballs downloaded by the script.  Note that

  sh download.sh --quiet

is a good way to qucikly check whether all files are available.

> The suggested "./autogen.sh --build-w32" immediately stops with
> following output:
> Using /root/w32root as standard install directory

[ You should not run a build as root ]

> This is probably because my cross compiler is installed under
> /opt/cross/i386-mingw32msvc/bin instead of /root/w32root.

The compiler should also be available under the i386-mingw32msvc-gcc; if
that is not the case you need to tweak some stuff.  If it is installed
under that name in /opt/cross/i386-mingw32msvc/bin, it should be
sufficient to put that directory into your PATH.

> checking for i586-mingw32msvc-gcc... no

No cross compiler - that is the same as autogen.sh figured out.

Indeed.

> Are the installed packages sufficient or can I ignore the glib and gtk
> warnings?

You need to fix the above problems first.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner