[Gpg4win-devel] Syntax error when linking with some .def files

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Fri Apr 19 18:34:26 CEST 2013

Hi,
On Friday, April 19, 2013 05:34:21 PM Werner Koch wrote:
> I developed a patch to remove the comment lines before the test.  I
> tested it with libgcrypt master but an old binutils.  However the def
> file used is here correct (see src/.libs/libgcrypt-20.dll.def).
I've tested this with libgpg-error where the patch applies cleanly and it
worked. Thanks, this should be applied to the gnupg repos.

> The patch should apply to the other tools as well, if you care to test.
I'm a bit confused with adns as the ltmain.sh in there is so old that it does
not contain the line you've fixed but still the problem exists.

I've found following in the aclocal.m4:

      # If the export-symbols file already is a .def file (1st line
      # is EXPORTS), use it as is; otherwise, prepend...
      _LT_AC_TAGVAR(archive_expsym_cmds, $1)='if test "x`$SED 1
$export_symbols`" = xEXPORTS; then
     cp $export_symbols $output_objdir/$soname.def;
      else
    echo EXPORTS > $output_objdir/$soname.def;
cat $export_symbols >> $output_objdir/$soname.def;
      fi~

I'm not sure where this comes from though as I don't understand the autotools
toolchain well enough.

Btw. before you posted your patch I've hacked my gpg4win with attached patch
to work around this problem (also because I wanted to undestand the gpg4win
buildsystem better). So this is not blocking me from building gpg4win with the
currently released tarballs.

Regards,
Andre

--