[Gpg4win-devel] [gpg4win-Bugs][6525] Encrpyted mail readyble after first encryption without plugin

noreply at wald.intevation.org noreply at wald.intevation.org
Mon Apr 14 20:28:44 CEST 2014

Bugs item #6525, was opened at 2014-04-14 18:28 by lalasu lalasu
You can respond by visiting:
https://wald.intevation.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=126&aid=6525&group_id=11

Initial Comment:
It is possible to read an only temporarily decrypted mail (not saving the decrypted text) when starting Outlook withouth the plugins.

I received an encrypted and signed mail which I opened, using Outlook 2007 + GPG4Win 2.20 (installer). I entered my passphrase, read the mail and quit Outlook.

Now when restarting Outlook normally I get questioned for my passphrase as I should.

But when starting Outlook with disabled Plugins (using /noextensions switch), I can now read the formerly encrypted mail.

So there seems to be a major bug, making the encryption not only temporarily as it should (I did not set the encryption to save the mail decrypted).