[Gpg4win-devel] Broken claws mail from gpg4win package on the site

Dr. Peter Voigt pvoigt at uos.de
Mon Jan 6 01:19:08 CET 2014

Am Mon, 06 Jan 2014 01:41:26 +0200
schrieb Cristian Baboi <cristian.baboi at gmail.com>:

> Hello,
>
> The claws-mail component of the gpg4win installer package is broken
> on windows 7 x64.
>
> Claws-mail freezes on encrypted smime messages.

Hi Christian,

two days ago I have answered a very similar topic of you. Your topic
today is more specific and I know now why my Claws Mail is working as
expected: I do not use the Gpg4win bundled version. Instead I have
installed it separately from the Claws Mail homepage. Again I
re-checked the S/MIME capabilities of Claws Mail and it is still OK.
I've now tested it with claws-mail-3.9.2git55-pkg43.exe.
Besides that I know that S/MIME was working correctly with
claws-mail-3.9.1git2-pkg42.exe. Unfortunately, my yesterday test was
under Linux with Claws Mail 3.9.3 built from source.

Sorry for not getting you right in the first attempt. Nevertheless, you
have a possible workaround. Currently I cannot easily test the
Gpg4win 2.2.1 bundled Claws Mail 3.9.1, because I am using Claws Mail
claws-mail-3.9.2git55-pkg43.exe from the Claws Mail homepage on my
Windows machines. Exchanging the Claws Mail version under Windows is
annoying because it requires at least one reboot :-)

Regards,
Peter