[Gpg4win-devel] [gpg4win-Bugs][6564] GPA won't run on 32-bit XP (Gpg4Win 2.2.2)

noreply at wald.intevation.org noreply at wald.intevation.org
Fri Sep 5 15:31:53 CEST 2014

Bugs item #6564, was opened at 2014-09-05 13:31 by P K
You can respond by visiting:
https://wald.intevation.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=126&aid=6564&group_id=11

Initial Comment:
On 2 different XP SP3 installs, trying to run GPA gives me:
"gpa.exe - Entry Point Not Found
This procedure entry point rand_s could not be located in the dynamic
link library msvcrt.dll"

GPA worked OK for me on the previous Gpg4Win release version.
A suggestion in the forum was to run Dependency Walker.
I'm not familiar with the use of DW, but when I told it to examine gpa.exe these were the results:
"Error opening file. The system cannot find the file specified(2)":
C:\Program Files\GNU\GnuPG\IESHIMS.DLL was not found.
C:\Program Files\GNU\GnuPG\WER.DLL was not found.

Error: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in an implicitly dependent module.
Warning: At least one delay-load dependency module was not found.
Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module.

I verified that the 2 .DLLs listed above are not in the GNU\GnuPG folder on either install of Gpg4Win. I have previously re-installed Gpg4Win over top of itself on 1 machine.