[Gpg4win-devel] Syntax error when linking with some .def files

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Apr 16 21:41:50 CEST 2015

On Thu, 16 Apr 2015 19:07, aheinecke at intevation.de said:

> Not sure why you sound surprised. Do you think we should use  npth instead?
> Or is w32pth obsolete altogether?

Only driven by the surreal hope that we don't use it anymore in 2.0 :-(.

Actually there is a problem with Pth (but not w32pth) in 2.0: Since I
added mutex support to libgpg-error you will run into problems with 2.0
and a decent libgpg-error if you don't use glibc.  glibc implements
mutexes itself and does not require librt.  AIX and Solaris don't do
that and this leads to problems between librt and Pth.  It is actually
the same problem we had many years ago even with glibc and which
required us to use the pcsc-wrapper.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner