[Gpg4win-devel] Gpg4win twitter account

Ben McGinnes ben at adversary.org
Thu Nov 12 00:24:06 CET 2015

On 5/11/2015 8:41 pm, Emanuel Schütze wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there anybody on this list who has registered (and currently
> maintains) the Gpg4win twitter account? https://twitter.com/gpg4win
>
> We (Intevation and g10code) want to use this account for new Gpg4win
> tweets but don't know the owner of this account.

I don't know who is running it, but it's pretty new.  Made September
last year and was last active last August.

However, when people create accounts like this they'll normally follow
the account themselves and then give themselves a follow back.  The
first account which matches this (the earliest that is), is this guy:

https://twitter.com/AlexTheJourno (key: 0xA428ED72377EE22D)

That could be wrong, there are one or two other contenders in the
"followers" list that followed the account earlier (who might have
chosen to keep the accounts it follows to specific crypto stuff).

Anyway, I'd start by contacting the account directly and if there's no
answer then check on some of the first few accounts to follow it as
it's most likely that one of them will be your person of interest.
I've found this method to be fairly accurate in most cases, though I'm
usually employing it to identify fascists, trolls and sock-puppets.

Regards,
Ben