[Gpg4win-devel] Multilanguage Compendium

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Apr 6 18:32:41 CEST 2016

On Wed,  6 Apr 2016 14:34, jochen at intevation.de said:

> 3) Another Idea was to use orgMode. We would still have seperate files for
> each language, like now with tex. But the format would be another one.

I once converted the English version to org-mode with the idea to use
this as the origin for enhancements and all translations.  It has not
been released because the most important task for the Compendium is to
get the license fixed (replace GFDL by CC BY-SA).  I contacted copyright
holder and they agree to do this change after we have the agreement of a
few other contributors (me and Intevation people).  Someone (tm) needs
to follow up on this for the due diligence.

org-mode is way better than any other of those new fancy but quite
limited markup languages.  It even has a well defined syntax and there
is also a vim mode (not as good as fill org-mode but not too bad what I
heard).  There is no other markup which has _well defined_ and supported
exporters for that many output formats (TeX, PDF, HTML, ODT).

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner