[Gpg4win-devel] GPGtools vs GPG4win regression

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Tue Aug 9 17:10:17 CEST 2016

Hi,

On Tuesday 09 August 2016 11:57:01 Romain wrote:
> I fear there are again issues when receiving encrypted emails from GPGtools.
> The resulting emails appear in Outlook as they contained the infamous
> ‘encrypted.asc’ attachment, and the content fails to be decrypted in-line.
> something?

Yes this should no longer happen since 2.3.0 where we added read Support for
PGP MIME Mails in GpgOL. (And which we have since improved in 2.3.2) And I'm
pretty sure it works as I have tested this before the release and it's part of
our release test plan.

I also did confirm decryption works specifically with your testmails from
gpgtools.

There is another plugin for Outlook though (Outlook Priviacy Plugin) that only
supports inline messages (I think, may have changed since I've looked last
time).

Outlook Privacy Plugin also reccomends Gpg4win to provide GnuPG and Key
Management for Windows, which often leads to misunderstandings. Maybe your
problem reporter is using that plugin?

Regards,
Andre

--