[Gpg4win-devel] 2.3.1 in the pipeline, signature

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Feb 3 09:49:51 CET 2016

Hi,
just a note that I think that we should do 2.3.1 rather sooner than later.

The reasons on our roadmap are good:
http://wiki.gnupg.org/Gpg4win/Roadmap

* Updated installer, regarding
** build with updated Debian NSIS version with better fix for
[[https://www.gpg4win.de/news-20151125.html|Security-Advisory 2015-11-25]]
** Codesigning with SHA-2 (using a new version of osslsigncode) the old code
signature was MD5

On the forum we have one report of a GpgOL Crash on Windows 10 (in German):
https://wald.intevation.org/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1590&forum_id=84&group_id=11

and one where the signature (I guess the installer signature) is not accepted
anymore on some windows systems:
https://wald.intevation.org/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1592&forum_id=84&group_id=11
this may as well be caused by the MD5 signture. (At least if I were Microsoft
I would block MD5 as soon as I can.)

I wonder all old systems support SHA2? Does someone know since when this is
supported? Since XP or Vista would be cool for us, I guess.

Best,

Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück, Germany; Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HRB 18998
Owned and run by Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner