[Gpg4win-devel] roadmap update

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Tue Jan 12 18:38:25 CET 2016

On Tuesday 12 January 2016 13:48:47 Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> We probably should do a 2.3.1 soon
> to improve a few security aspects.
>
> I've updated the http://wiki.gnupg.org/Gpg4win/Roadmap accordingly.
>
> Andre: Would it make sense to put any other stability feature
> in this release? How mich effort would be adding 64bit?

I think it would be a bit premature to add GgpOL with MIME sending support
(2.0) into a new 2.x release series as we want to do this in 3.0

I have not maintained a 1.3.x branch with fixes though. But I should be able to
backport / cherry pick useful fixes for MIME reading and do another 1.3.x
release of GpgOL. x64 GpgOL Support should also be fairly simple to backport,
both in GpgOL and in the installer.

There is also a report on Gpg4win-users-de about a possible output corruption
using gpgtar which could be serious. And we might want to try to get
https://bugs.gnupg.org/gnupg/issue2135 fixed in stable as this could be a cause
for random unexpected failures.

Regards,
Andre