[Gpg4win-devel] Gpg4win 3.0.0beta187: Outlook 2013 crashes while sending encrypted email

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Thu Oct 6 15:20:30 CEST 2016

Hi,

On Thursday 06 October 2016 11:11:56 rpr // wrote:
> I tested Gpg4win 3.0.0beta187 on MS Windows 10 Pro. x64 with
> MS Outlook 2013 x86 (with all current updates installed).
> It has GpgOL 1.4.0 and uses PGP/MIME for encryption.
>
> I noticed a problem while sending an encrypted email: after I click
> the Send button and confirm the recipients' certificates, Outlook 2013
> crashes and then restarts. The encrypted message stays in the Outbox
> and can be sent successfully afterwards (with Send/Receive action).

Thanks testing and the report. This issue has been reported as:

https://bugs.gnupg.org/gnupg/issue2335

It's a tricky problem which I don't yet fully understand. The crash happens
outside our code after we have already released the sent mail and are doing
nothing. But somehow Outlooks state is "corrupted" by us.
I'm currently working on GpgOL again and we want to fix every known crash.
(There is another one issue2416 ) So I'll look into it soon.

How often does the crash happen to you?

The problem disappeared on my development machine but a collegue of mine has
seen this several times on a test vm.

Regards,
Andre

--