[Gpg4win-devel] 64-bit gpgme looking for 32-bit gnupg

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Wed Sep 21 22:37:05 CEST 2016

Hi,

On Wednesday 21 September 2016 21:36:49 Werner Koch wrote:
> to initially set this.  I would suggest to try out 1.7.0 - we are using
> most of that stuff from git master for a long time now in GpgOL and
> GpgEX.

I agree with everything werner said. I'm currently using GPGME directly from
GpgOL so the 32 / 64 bit issue is a problem for me too but I think its solved
for current GPGME Versions.

> Note that there may be incompatibilies due to HANDLE inheritance.  I am
> not sure that there is a guarantee that a 64 bit HANDLE can always be
> passed to a 32 bit application.

?! I think I have pointed out https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa384203(v=vs.85).aspx serveal times to you already
over the last years. Only the lower 32 bits of a Handle are relevant.

Microsoft is really good at this kind of backwards compatibility.

Regards,
Andre

--
Andre Heinecke |  ++49-541-335083-262  | http://www.intevation.de/