[Gpg4win-devel] GnuPG with internal CCID driver

Jiri Kerestes jiri.kerestes at trustica.cz
Tue Jul 24 21:21:46 CEST 2018

Hello,

I'm trying to improve Windows support for our USB token [1]. The default
way for accessing smart card readers under Windows is winscard.dll PC/SC
interface, which works well for readers/tokens without pinpad. However,
the Windows inbox CCID driver (wudfusbcciddriver.dll) does not support
pinpad operations, so we need to use GnuPG internal CCID driver with WinUSB.

I've done some hackery and I have a working w32 GnuPG build with libusb
support. I'm not very familiar with Gpg4win development history, so
before I dive into autotools to do this properly: is there any reason
why Gpg4Win shouldn't be shipped with libusb and internal CCID driver?

[1]: https://trustica.cz/blog/

Best regards

Jiri Kerestes
Trustica s.r.o.