[Gpg4win-devel] efail -> improvements

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue May 15 14:20:05 CEST 2018

On Tue, 15 May 2018 08:47, bernhard at intevation.de said:

>>  c) a signature over the whole contents from someone where it has been
>>     encrypted to (if this is feasable to detect).

That is useless.  It is easy to add an arbitrary recipient to a message
and you can't know whether this legitimate (e.g. archiving key) or
a faked recipient (with a bogus session key; which we can't detect).

> We should change all Gpg4win frontends (like GpgOL, Kleo, GpgEX, GPA)
> to honor the warnings and error messages that GnuPG already shows.

GPGME does that.  GpgEx is not a frontend but a trigger with no crypto
at all.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner

--
#  Please read:  Daniel Ellsberg - The Doomsday Machine  #