[Gpg4win-devel] efail statement draft v7

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu May 17 11:41:35 CEST 2018

Hi!

All fine with me with the changes below.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner

On Thu, 17 May 2018 10:32, aheinecke at intevation.de said:

> Version 3.0 Gpg4win already shows a warning that this part of GpgOL
> is unmaintained. Users should stop using Outlook 2007 as it does not receive
> updates its vendor anymore. Support for this version

A from is missing:

  updates from its vendor ...

> Deployed standard S/MIME implementations do not have a way to detect the
> mentioned manipulations when using unsigned mails.
> This is described in the current S/MIME standard (STD-70 aka RFC5751).

Please leave STD-70 out; this is not a widely known term.

> OpenPGP is additionally designed to have a de-centralised trust structure.

Change to

  OpenPGP is additionally designed to have a de-centralised structure.

--
#  Please read:  Daniel Ellsberg - The Doomsday Machine  #