[Gpg4win-users-en] GPG4WIN Vs Outlook Roadmap

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Aug 21 09:40:25 CEST 2007

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 19:19, am.lists at gmail.com said:

> I've done some searching and determined that the Outlook Plug-ins
> don't currently support OL2007. (Has this changed?)

Frankly, I don't know whether it is supported because I have not yet
used OL2007.  Anywa, we are working towards a new major release of
Gpg4win and this will include support for OL2007.  Be patient for a 2
months.

> Since OL2007 isn't officially supported, is there a workaround that
> someone smarter than the average user could follow to get it working?

I can't tell.  GpgOL is pretty fragile code as it needs to hack around a
couple of Outlook Plugin problems.  The new code in the code will be
somehwat different and as a bonus shows attachments the usual way
without the need to save them.  It will also support S/MIME and PGP/MIME
(read only).  Verification and decryption using the new code already
works.  We are currently working on the UI and the encryption and
signing.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner

--
Die Gedanken sind frei.  Auschnahmen regelt ein Bundeschgesetz.