[Gpg4win-users-en] GPG4Win 1.9.[89], Outlook 200[37], Vista - not quite working

Rob MacGregor rob.macgregor at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 15:49:57 CET 2008

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 14:11, Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de> wrote:
> Can you give us more information about the precise version number?

Outlook 2003, with all the patches and service packs applied.  I don't
have the exact version number I'm afraid.

> Are you using this standalone or with a server, which one?

Server, Exchange 6.5

> What kind of secondary mailboxes in particular? Additional .psts?

Other mailboxes on the Exchange server (we have some shared mailboxes).

> Okay, so 1.9.8 and 1.9.9 behaviour is consistant for your problem.
> Did you try enabling S/mime? We had a defect in this area that it
> might need to be enabled though you would want to use OpenPGP recently.

I tried both with and without S/MIME enabled.

> Make sure you are _not_ using word to write the email text.
> Disable HTML for the tests.

You mean people use Word or write email in HTML?  I'm a plain text
person where I have a choice ;)

> Try to enable to logging facilities, (in German currently, sorry):
> http://gpg4win.de/handbuecher/fehler-in-den-gpg4win-programmen-aufspueren.html
> Short version:
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GNU\GpgOL
> set
> enableDebug to 1  (later higher)
> logFile  to something like c:\gpg4winlog.txt

Right, I'll give it a whirl some time later this week (I'll see if I
can scare up a spare system I can experiment on).

Thanks

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.

Rob MacGregor