[Gpg4win-users-en] Migrating Encryption software and Keys to a new server

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Aug 13 14:37:08 CEST 2009

Am Montag, 3. August 2009 15:39:52 schrieb Simon Brown:
> I am currently running GNU Privacy Assistant v0.7.6 rev. 777 on Windows
> Server 2003 R2.

Ah you are probably using Gpg4win 1.1.3 then, aren't you?
Note that GPA is just a frontend to the crypto system. You can also give
commands to the crypto system on the command line.

> I am migrating to another server with the same operating
> system, and have installed the software

Which software did you install?

> and imported the secret key.  It
> seems encryption is still not working.

Check that on the command line
	gpg2.exe --list-keys
and
       gpg2.exe --list-secret-key
list your keys okay.

How did you try encryption and what did not work?

Best,