[Gpg4win-users-en] Intranet LDAP to store OpenPGP and S/MIME certificates

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Feb 1 15:58:38 CET 2010

Am Montag, 25. Januar 2010 13:12:45 schrieb Artur Hieb:
> I'm looking for an free LDAP to store all the OpenPGP Keys and S/MIME
> certificates our Business partners.
> I know there are a lot of Key-Servers in the internet. But we need an
> internal LDAP in our intranet. Is there a known solution?

Note that LDAP is a protocol, you can use any directory server
that uses it. In order to find the certificates you probably will have to put
them in there and use the right attribute that the searching application is
looking for.

> We are a small society, and we use similar software like GpgOL, called
> "SECUDE secure mail". This tool need a LDAP to search for the keys and
> certificates for the receivers. However, we are on a closed network
> (intranet) and can't youse the Key-Server from the internet.

The Free Software application called "OpenLDAP" can serve as an LDAP server.
www.openldap.org