[Gpg4win-users-en] Authenticate each time

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Oct 7 09:23:26 CEST 2011

On Tue,  4 Oct 2011 12:04, JMeintjes at csir.co.za said:

> consecutively to encrypt and sign documents. How do I change the
> settings to do so, because it only prompts me once for the passphrase?

If you only want to be prompt every time before signing, there is the
option

  ignore-cache-for-signing

to completely disable the passphrase caching you may use

  max-cache-ttl 0

put those into the gpg-agent.conf file.  To may use the Kleopatra or GPA
GUI to set them.  In GPA this is edit->backend_preferences then select
the gpg-agent tab and look for the mentioned options.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner