[Gpg4win-users-en] Kleopatra 2.1.0 installation not properly installed

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Jan 11 16:11:02 CET 2012

Am Thursday, 5. January 2012 15:26:16 schrieb Lawrence Berlinski:
> I've had GPG installed for quite a while. All of a sudden, today, at start
> up, I get a self-test error:
> [snip]
> GpgSM (S/MIME Backend) installation not properly installed
> [/snip]
>
> I have NOT made any recent changes to Kleopatra or GPG.
>
> To correct this problem, do I uninstall Kleopatra (or what) and reinstall?

This is certainly a way which should resolve a number of potential issues,
but you cannot be sure if this will fix the issue.
We would need more information to find out what is wrong.

If you start gpgsm.exe --help on the command line,
are you getting some error message?

--
Managing Director + Owner: www.Intevation.net <- A Free Software Company
Kolabsys.com: Board Member          FSFE.org: Founding GA Member